We realise that in our busy lives it is often difficult to find time to volunteer for things and people can often be put off from volunteering because they can only help for an odd hour here or there and may think that it isn’t worth it to us. Please be assured that we’re grateful and value any amount of time you can give us, whether that be regular help or as a one off.
We need volunteers to:
• Clean and make safety checks on our baby equipment, for example, prams, buggies, high chairs, etc. We will provide you with a safety check sheet to follow.
• Clean and check the functionality of toys ensuring they are complete and safe.
• Check and clean shoes.
• Wash, iron, sort and pack clothes into the baby bundles (we will try and arrange delivery and collection to your home if you don’t have access to transport) and you are under no pressure to have the items ready immediately.
• Drivers who can pick up and deliver donated Items where the donor has no transport. We will make sure we keep your driving distance to a minimum by using the best placed driver closest to the pick up.
• Act as collection points where people can drop off their donated items. This would be a pre arranged day and time to suit you. We would keep this to a minimum and you can stop at any time.
• Raise funds to allow us to provide a better service.
• Advertising and distributing flyers – You can download our A4 wall poster. Here Please feel free to print and display on your notice board, in a window, or simply pass round and help us spread the word.
If you are member of the public:
We believe that the people best placed to assess the needs of our potential customers are those with whom the mother has most contact throughout her pregnancy and immediately following the birth of her baby, namely, her midwife or health visitor. If you’re struggling and need help from us, tell your midwife or health visitor. They will be able to contact us on your behalf, and ensure you get the support you need.
If you are a healthcare professional:
If you are working directly with families with children and have identified a need, please register with us, by going to the account section and clicking register. Once registered you will have to wait for your account to be reviewed. Once reviewed you will have access to our referral area, allowing you to request items for families in need.
We are a local charitable organisation and we need the support of local businesses like yours to help us support babies from families living in our local community who are experiencing hardship.
You don’t need to be involved with babies, baby equipment or clothes to help us, Here are just some suggestions: –
- Perhaps you could offer to print off some flyers for us, we’ll send you the PDF to download.
- Advertise on your website, in your window or office notice board.
- Let us have some stationery; paper, envelopes, stamps.
- Be a drop off point for donations.
- Packaging; cardboard supports, resealable bags, large zip bags similar to those used to pack duvets and pillows, or perhaps you’ve got a better idea.
- Storage space if you’re local.
- Donations in kind or money.
- Sponsor us.
- Share your skills and experience by sharing best practice or offering us advice on ways to improve our website or operating systems.
- Transport to collect items where someone has no transport to drop items off.
- If you run a car valet service perhaps you could volunteer to valet our prams before we redistribute them to a family in need.
- Print our thank you cards, labels, stickers etc or even design new ones for us.
- If you’re a photographer; you could help us enhance our website to keep it modern, current and exciting by providing appropriate pictures.
We would be delighted to give credit, thank you and recommend you on our website and social media sites for any help and/or sponsorship we receive. As a sponsor we will also include you on any appropriate promotional materiel, at any funding events we have and give you a mention in any press releases.
We are currently Supported by:
The Storage Place – Who has provided free storage for us for a number of years, playing a critical role in the operation of Cascade Baby Bundles
If you’re not local to Tameside and Glossop but would like to help here is a list of organisations in other areas in the UK:
Stripey Stork – Reigate and Banstead, Surrey
First Days – Wokingham, Surrey
Baby Basics – Sheffield
And across the waters:
BabyBuggy.org – USA – Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Washington DC
St Kilda Mums – Australia – Melbourne